SARS-CoV-2 recombinant Spike (SCoV2-rS) glycoprotein full-length trimeric ectodomain
SARS-CoV-2 recombinant Spike (SCoV2-rS) glycoprotein full-length ectodomain expressed as secreted trimeric protein in mammalian cells. It was purified from culture medium under native (non-denaturing) conditions using convenient chromatographic techniques. Five different products are available:
- 20-S2S-TCg-G: from mammalian CHO cells, in glycerol stock. (Approved for IVD use, CE mark)
- 20-S2S-TCg-F: from mammalian CHO cells, frozen.
- 20-S2S-TCg-L: from mammalian CHO cells, lyophilized.
- 20-S2S-THs-G: from mammalian HEK293 cells, in glycerol stock.
- 20-S2S-THs-F: from mammalian HEK293 cells, frozen.
Note: The same protein from different cell lines is not identical in respect of post-translational modifications including glycosylation. Protein from CHO cells is more uniformly glycosylated and to a lesser extent than analogous product from HEK293 cells. Nevertheless, Spike glycoproteins secreted from either CHO or HEK cells show similar results in ELISA with COVID-19 positive and negative human sera.