SARS-CoV-2 Spike glycoprotein Receptor Binding Domain (SCoV2-RBD)
SARS-CoV-2 recombinant Spike glycoprotein Receptor Binding Domain (SCoV2-RBD) expressed as secreted protein in mammalian cells. It was purified from culture medium under native (non-denaturing) conditions using convenient chromatographic techniques. Five different products are available:
- 20-S2RBD-RCg-G: from mammalian CHO cells, in glycerol stock.
- 20-S2RBD-RCg-F: from mammalian CHO cells, frozen.
- 21-S2RBD-RCg-F/B1: biotinylated SCoV2-RBD from mammalian CHO cells, frozen.
- 20-S2RBD-RHs-G: from mammalian HEK293 cells, in glycerol stock.
- 20-S2RBD-RHs-F: from mammalian HEK293 cells, frozen.
Note: The same protein from different cell lines is not identical in respect of glycosylation. Protein from CHO cells is glycosylated at lesser extent than analogous product from HEK293 cells. SCoV2-RBD secreted from either CHO or HEK cells showed similar results in ELISA with COVID-19 positive and negative human sera.